Monday, November 22, 2010

Fast Forward

To the week of thanksgiving. I am still in love with my job, spent two weeks in Africa, gave Hurley to Ms. Leticia, became a godmom (again!), bought a condo and am back in the city.

This is why I am so bad at writing in a diary. The day I skip becomes a week then a month and then I feel I have to go back to the beginning to bring everyone up to speed. But the truth is I'm just doing this for myself. And I saw Lindsey has been regularly updating her blog so I'm going to try this once again. But I'm sure I'll fail miserably. Oh well. I have finally decided to give Jake the guitar I bought for myself in high school seeing I have yet to learn how to play so maybe 2011 will be the year of the purge. But considering I just moved into a 380 square foot studio, I've been there done that.

Africa was life changing. I did blog while I was there, but on CARE's blog, www.we.care.org/advocacy. Completely amazing. Africa loved me as much as I loved her and I cannot wait to go back. Now I'm settling back into a routine, looking forward to the long holiday weekend and spending time with my familia. I feel content with my life for the first time in a long time. Not just content but really truly happy. Not anxious or ready for the next big thing. Cause I'm doing it. It's a nice place to be. 2010 started off in a really sucky way, but it's turn to the best one yet. I'm thinking that 2011 is going to just straight up rock. And I'm good with that.

No comments: